Tuesday, July 1, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Boom Dee Yadda!

Here's a crawly thing for you...

I Love the Whole World...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is your garden variety orb weaver. But, I'm not exactly an entomologist. Sure, bugs are fascinating little things, but I'm not about to go out and study them that closely. I just like looking at them, and that's about all I need to know.

Now, I like this little dude. He (I'm assuming it's a he by default, but again... not an entomologist), is just sort of lurking on my trumpet vine. He picked a pretty smart spot since that thing is a freakin' shopping mall in terms of insect traffic, and I imagine in a few weeks, that spider will be fat and happy.

I just hope he doesn't leap out on me when I'm walking past his little hiding spot while taking out the garbage.

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 7/01/2008 11:55:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. How big is it?

    I'm sorry. That sounds incredibly rude.

    How big is the SPIDER?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. He already looks pretty fat and happy.  Check out the almost-translucency of his appendages........  

    I want a camera this good (and the photographic know-how).

    ReplyDelete