Tuesday, July 8, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Oooo... Sassy!

Now, I think I see what Georgia O'Keeffe was getting at.

Sexy

Every once in a while, a shot comes out of my camera that just makes me stop and say wow. This was one of those times, and I figured I'd share it with you.

The funny thing is, this was taken with natural light on a lens that's almost as old as me. I spent next to no time figuring out the exposure, and I really did nothing more than focus and click, and this is pretty much how it came out of the camera. Granted, there was a little fine tuning as a result of making the conversion to JPEG from RAW. However, those alterations were so small, they're almost non-existent.

If anything, I'd like to have been standing a little farther back to get a little more of the flower in there so an outside border or edge could be better defined. But, as it stands, I'm really just digging this one, and I think it might be my best shot so far.

Anyway, I hope you all like it, and I hope I haven't bored you all to tears with my babble.

-Dan

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 7/08/2008 09:19:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that's a beauty, Dan. I especially love the couple of tiny droplets of dew!

    I think Georgia O'Keefe had other things in mind with her paintings...but then again, maybe that's what you were thinking, too!

    Either way, it's lovely.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! is right. Beautiful!

    Char

    ReplyDelete