Thursday, July 3, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Poppies!

I was playing with my Photoshop, and found this one to be a little neat.

Poppyshop

It's a poppy, and I like how, with just a little tweaking, I managed to get a nice, smoky, opium-den background. I didn't change any of the colors. I fiddled with the lights and darks and used a layer mask to erase the changes to the poppy so it would stand out a little better.

What do you think?

Does this sleeping Poppy pop?

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 7/03/2008 02:32:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. Is it an unopened poppy? The poppies I've seen have all been open and bright red. I don't know from poppies.

    I like the "opium den" background!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Groovy man. ;O)

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an opium crown jewel.

    ReplyDelete