Tuesday, July 29, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] We Aim to Answer...

Dawn asks:

What is the story with the fierce looking DeafCat pic on your sidebar?
You must be talking about this picture:

Hiss

Yesterday, I was puttering around outside, and DeafCat was just sort of tagging along and doing her usual thing of patrolling the yard with her nose. And, as I was contemplating mowing the lawn, I heard this funny hissing sound from behind me.

When I turned to look at the source, I found DeafCat somewhat upset by something.

So, I looked around for another cat, possibly a dog, or even a misplaced stick that might have set her off and started this whole raging little outburst. What I found is that this hunk of shrubbery you see pictured on the right was tremendously offensive to my poor, confused cat.

As you can see, it does need a trim. I've sort of let it go, and perhaps DeafCat was simply voicing her displeasure at my apathetic style of landscaping. The shrub has become an insult to her and her discerning tastes.

Fortunately, after a minute or two of her telling the bush to fuck off in no uncertain terms, she turned and ran to the front door to find safety inside the house. Obviously, she just wanted to make sure that this bush was put in its place, and it's going to think twice now before getting out of line.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 7/29/2008 11:38:00 AM

5 comments:

  1. That shrubbery is an offense against God and man alike! O the humanity!

    DeafCat once again saves the day. That is one impressive kitty.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was probably lambasting it for not being catnip. And rightly so.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, you need to trim your bush....... It's way out of hand. Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  She doesn't even require a burning bush.

    And to think I wondered if she was yawning (she can't read English, can she -- don't tell her I said that).

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL....Bless her 'lil heart.  I think you'd better check under that bush!
    There's gotta be something really spooky underneath.
    Char

    ReplyDelete