Friday, July 4, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Independence Part Deux.

Here ya go...

Old Glory.

So, what's everyone's plans today?

Hopefully, you're not all plopping down to slide around the internets since I know there are much better things to be doing.

Anyway, since I'll be gone most of the day, I figured I'd leave you with a semi-open comment thread for you folks to debate which is better:

Small Town Fourth of July celebrations?

Or, Big City celebrations?

Personally, I have the luxury of having near immediate access to both since, just up the street, Milwaukee does have its Big City parties and excitement, and my odd, little town of South Milwaukee is the sort of swinging blue-collar hellhole that remains eternally locked in the mid-Twentieth Century (seriously. There are houses in my town that still use rotary dial phones hard-wired into the wall).

Anyway, I'll let you kids debate. I'm off to blow things up.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

And, to my non-American readers, Happy Friday! What are you doing today? I give you permission to celebrate right along with me.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 7/04/2008 10:42:00 AM

5 comments:

  1. Have a good day Dan. I think I might have a little brandy just to help you celebrate.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dan,

    Do you know you insulted me?  I have a rotary dial phone in my kitchen.  I also have portable phones and there must be 5 cell phones in this house.  

    But I love my rotary phone the best.  First off it isnt plugged in so I have phone service during a power outage
    However, the best reason for keeping the phone was when my kids friends used to ask to use the phone and I would direct them to the kitchen phone.  The look of puzzlement was priceless, the little fools couldnt figure out how to use it.  They would misdial, they would complain about how LONG it took to dial it.  What could be more entertaining?  

    By the way I also have clocks with hands and I still use an eight track player.

    Happy Independence Day

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha....  Sorry for insulting you, Sue.  Maybe I should have said "black and white console TV's."

    By the way, there's nothing wrong with an 8-track player so long as it isn't in a customized van with plug, green carpet.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the van, we call it the Magic Bus ROFL  For Real.  But the 8 track is in the house.  Oh the Van, a 1985 Dodge Ram.  Dan you keep digging yourself deeper.  I love it.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a fun time blowing things up! My sister did. She and her husband had a party at their house, and I call her my sister the pyro. Come to find out, she lives on a cul de sac with plenty of other pyros. Diana was setting off fireworks, and so were the neighbors to the left, the right, and directly behind. (And these were BIG ones, too.) I said, "She lives in Pyro Town!" It was fun!

    I have to go with small town celebrations, because you know...I can breathe in a small town.

    But who needs municipal celebrations when your sister is the mayor of Pyro Town?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete