Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Whew... Crazy!


    Egads!

    Sorry I've not posted the last couple of days.  It's been crazy here with a family crisis that is so damn annoying that I just want to grab a bottle of Scotch, and watch twenty straight hours of Charles in Charge.
   
    Yes, people.  There's a certain sort of safety in Scotch and the shininess of Scott Baio.  If nothing else, I know that no matter how trying my life may seem, at least I am not babysitting two teenage swimsuit models with raging hormones. 

    Fortunately, the crisis has abated silently and happily, and I'm thinking tomorrow I should have a pretty damn decent birthday.  The clock will tick, and I will slide into the ripe old age of thirty-nine with a smile on my face.  As for you all, well, you can get a pool going on how long it will take me to update my age in my "About Me" section.  I'd get in on some of that action, but that wouldn't be fair, ya know?

    Oh, it's also my friend "Luv-Biscuit" Jenn's birthday, and as much as I'd love to ring her up and go out to see how long it takes for the Chicago Bar-Owners' Association to call the National Guard on us, I've got to stay in and be reasonably well-behaved. 

    Anyway, I don't know if I'll be on my computer updating this thing tomorrow or not.  So far, the only birthday plan I have is to wake up and lay in the grass of the backyard with my morning coffee to see if I can spot the ever-elusive Bunny Cloud.  I'll try to take a picture if I see one. 

-DP

15 comments:

  1. Hey !!!!!!!! Here I am. Don't worry we all get busy with things so post when you can. You are well worth the wait. I hope your crisis got better. I used to watch "Charles In Charge". I didn't know it still came on. I always thought Scott Baio was gorgeous.

    I do want to wish you a very memorable and great birthday. I hope that you have a very great day. I wish I was there to celebrate it with you. Do have fun for me on your birthday. Take care and "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY" from me and all of your friends at J-Land.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday...  hope you find that bunny cloud :)~
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Dan, Happy Birthday to you tomorrow!  xx

    Your 39th birthday is a very special year cuz next year you'll be celebrating the 1st anniversary of your 39th year!  Doing that gives you the illusion of keeping the 40 somethings away! (It doesnt really work tho cuz after the first couple years ya gotta figure out how many years ago 39 was and all the backward counting just gives ya a headache.)

    Enjoy your Birthday tomorrow!

    ~Terry  Ü

    Oh...and Happy Birthday tomorrow to your "Luv-Biscuit" Jen!  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday (betcha knew that was coming, huh?)! Your only birthday plan doesn't include cake?! Yeesh.

    http://2writehands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dan... you little kitten.  Come join us on the OTHER side of 40... we have cookies.  LOL

    I hope you have a wonderful day... bunny clouds and coffee... what could go wrong?

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy...enjoy this last b-day in the 30s! It is a major shift to the 40s! You'll start to get irritated by teens & swear you were never like them or as bad as they are. HA! Your body will totally not remember it even looked awesome before. You will be ancient to young kids. You'll realize though the stupidity of youth is not worth the recovery! HA! I'd still do the scotch on your b-day...then you will see Bunny Clouds! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (HA HAA...laughing at Dawn's comment)
    No cookies for you until you've EARNED them...another year to go ;-)
    Have a good one.
    Smooch,
    Cin

    ReplyDelete
  8.       Have fun turning 39, because that 40th birthday can be a rough one.  I cried for a week when I turned 40.  And when I turned 50 ?  Well, I still haven't gotten over that one, and that was three years ago.  Enjoy the fact that you can still say you are " in my thirties."  Happiest of birthdays to you ... Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a good one Dan.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early) ,DAN!  :)   Watching clouds isn't sucha bad thing.  I can get fond of that myself.   I'm less fond of Scotch and raging hormones in kids (but a good beer or a gin and tonic work).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duh, you wrote this last night, so I didn't send early greetings, I was (gasp) on time!  :)  Enjoy your day, Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday mate! 39 huh? You just wait till you get to 49......... I refused to celebrate it. :-(
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your bday is good, btw, and I hope your family crisises are done!

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. i had forgotten about our close-together birthdays...

    i guess that means that no matter how OLD i get, you're only a week away from being TOO OLD for me...

    but that could be a fun week, eh?

    heh.  hope the backyard treated you well.

    ReplyDelete