Saturday, September 22, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] A Night Game...



Let's see here... Who's in town this week playing the Badgers?

Ooo... Iowa.

Should be a fun game, I think. I don't know if any of you are nearly bored enough to watch, and I don't even know if it's on for anyone outside of Wisconsin, but it's definitely worth watching.

Seriously... Camp Randall at night is pretty much a nuthouse, plus, it's also home to one of the most terrifying traditions in all of sports. The "Jump Around" between the Third and Fourth quarters.

It's madness...

Picture eighty thousand people just sort of bouncing up and down for a couple of minutes...


When I was at a game last year, it felt like a earthquake with a pretty decent soundtrack, but I honestly began to wonder if the stadium could actually withstand it.

Aside from that, things here have been somewhat pokey and out of focus, and I do apologize for that. I've just been in a really lousy mood the last week or so. It's been one of those weeks where if something could go wrong, it did.


Anyway, I'm going to pick Wisconsin over Iowa since my Badgers have the longest winning streak in the nation when it comes to college football, and well... It's freakin' Iowa.

So, how's everyone's weekend going? Did anyone do anything fun and exciting? Did you jump around for no reason whatsoever? Give it a whirl sometime because it might just help.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 9/22/2007 06:51:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed most of our long weekend away, further away from any ocean coast that we've ever been (on land, as I don't think flying over it quite counts).   I'm not sure how terribly exciting it was, but it was different.  Drove by Scott Joplins house twice and still didn't find it.  In the off chance I ever return there, we're definitely spending longer at the City Museum, too cool.   http://www.citymuseum.org
    -- Robin

    ReplyDelete