Thursday, September 20, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] I Would Never Normally Go Bowling on a Frid...

The title of this post?

Yeah. It's a little odd, but I figure since Dawn is delightfully cheeky enough to title her posts with lines from songs, I could do the same for once. Of course, you'll really surprise me if you know off the top of your head where the line comes from. It is one of my all-time favorite songs, and I tend to use it to blow the dust and the cobwebs out of my speakers, my house and my world.

That's something I just can't do with my little laptop, and it's pretty much why I've always disliked the way music is headed these days. I don't own an iPod, and I see no reason why I ever would. I think I would probably openly weep if I crammed the little phones in my ears to hear a sterile, digitized version of my favorite songs. It's the individually-wrapped, little squares of processed cheese of the music world, I think. Give me the sweet scratch of vinyl and the wow and flutter of an old tape deck conditioned through a couple of Macintosh tube-amps and spat out by some big, honkin' Klipsch and Bose speakers until the neighbors think, Wow. I think Dan hired a band! Who is that? Hootie?!?

Of course, I don't have a Mac tube amp (the REAL Macintosh. Bite it, Apple!)... So, my neighbors probably just think I've lost my mind again.

Aside from that, is there anything on anyone's mind this odd Thursday? I'm kind of at a blank since I spent much of the week just writing and writing until my brain turned into an odd sort of pudding.

So, if you're bored, make me write about something fluffy and pointless. I need ideas.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 9/20/2007 12:10:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. Well, you asked, so I'll tell you that I'm ticked right now at a particular so-called good friend of mine (and I do mean friend, and a GOOD one, until today), who is wigging out on DD and I a day before we fly into his town....... thankfully not just to see him, however, but also other friends and a feis.
    Oh, and as far as music goes?  Give me live, baby.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The speakers in your Datsun?  Tina ( an old Thomas Dolby fan )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on this one.
    I love my great big wooden 4 foot high speakers.....love my scratchy old albums.....
    Marti

    ReplyDelete