Monday, September 24, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] And, I Cook!

Okay... Right now, I'm thinking up a pot roast recipe.

So far, the ingredients consist of meat and Guinness beer. From there, I have no idea. I suppose I'll need a vegetable, and a potato or two.

I did look up one recipe that included raisins, but the thought of putting raisins in my pot roast makes me a little stabby. Some things just don't need to be done. Granted, I like raisins. I just don't want to start putting them in places where they don't belong. It's like grapes in chicken salad. Everybody raves about it, but it makes me insane.

Let's see... I've also got a mountain of fresh thyme and a bunch of dried cummin (which always made me and my perverted brothers giggle whenever we saw it peeking out of the spice cupboard in its lewd little way). I think my mother would turn it around just to keep us from making obnoxious jokes about it.

Oh well... I'm off to burn the house down. If you've got a good non-fruity pot roast recipe, let me know.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 9/24/2007 03:18:00 PM

4 comments:

  1. Carrots, celery, mushrooms...dumplings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, you're making me hungry.  I could be tempted to forgo vegetarianism for a good pot roast right about now.......  Garlic powder, freshly cut onions, baby carrots (or just chop some up), potatos, forget what type of oil.  Never tried it with Guinness but that sounds good.  When all done, add ketchup:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose I'm too late now.
    You must come over to visit my journal for some good eats! I've been doing a football foods series every Sunday lately. Other than breakfast everything always go great with beer -- I'm working on that! Oh and there's bacon, lots and lots of bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a good chunk of meat throw it in a brown and bag sitting on flour and sliced onions. Throw carrots and potatoes in there with salt and pepper and good sprinkling of aju. Comes out wonderful everytime.

    ReplyDelete