Thursday, August 9, 2007

South Carolina: 2 Texas: 3

Well, in the race to become the "Dumbest State in the Union," I should tell you that Texas has pulled ahead of South Carolina (don't worry, South Carolinians. I'm sure you'll catch up by the weekend).

It didn't take much, really. In fact, all it took was Texas' Minister of Biblical Indoctrination Dentist cum Chairman of the State Board of Education, Don McLeroy, to open his rather uneducated mouth.
The analogy of evolution as the matrix [sic], it’s, it’s really amazing that we do live, seems to me, in a matrix-type world. I mean, we have been programmed, our society has been programmed, in the way we look at things outside. It's very interesting. But what do the Scriptures say? I love Psalm 100, I memorized it when I was a little kid, and it says “Make a joyful noise onto the Lord, all ye lambs. Serve the Lord with gladness, come before his presence with singing, know ye that the Lord, he is God. It is he that hath made us and not we ourselves. We are his people and the sheep of his pasture.”
In that bold bit above, McLeroy here is accusing humanists and evolutionists of being "programmed."

Yeah. A religious person who believes in Biblical literalism, and the importance of teaching Biblical literalism under the "big tent" of Intelligent Design in public schools, has the unmitigated gall of asserting that those who do not believe as he, are somehow programmed to believe otherwise as in the movie The Matrix.

Mind-boggling, huh?

And this poor, dumb dentist carries on like this for quite some time.
Well, pretty soon we are going to be entering back into our Matrix-type world. We'll be watching the Super Bowl, we'll be going back to where naturalism has blinded all ye lambs from the truth. You'€™ll be back in a world where people don'€™t care about the Lord. He is God, and to effectively get this truth out to a world that has been blinded from the truth, we must prepare ourselves and we must train our minds.
You put this moron in charge of education?

Here's my favorite bit:
My summary is, uh, here are mypoints. We are not opposing un-intelligent people. They're very smart, highly intellectual and very fine people. But they've been blinded from the truth. They're living in this Matrix world. They do not claim Yahweh is God. They basically think they have made themselves. So we need to be prepared. We need to be smart. We need to train our minds.
Good luck, Texas.

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 8/09/2007 09:44:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I would so never let him near my teeth!
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds more like a cult following than an intelligent observation. Train our minds against naturalism hmmm, kind of hard to do looking at the wide beautiful woods I venture into every day. Oh wait, it's not real it's a Matrix world. Dumb me how did I not know that. So if I don't believe his loaded gun of bullshit I'm not intelligent? Well call me a dumb ass any day, before I prefer his type of intelligence. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete