Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ooo... Ahh...


Yeah. This is one of those sickeningly common sunsets in the little bucolic world of my friends. As far as sunsets go, it's not the best I've ever seen, but it was the one I saw, so I felt like sharing it with you all.

Unfortunately, just beyond that sunset was a rather violent temper-tantrum of nature. Yes. That's my luck. Wisconsin's going through one of its worst droughts in half a century, and when it finally does decide to rain, it does so on the same night I am sleeping in a tent.

Needless to say, I got my ass kicked and wound up getting about ten minutes of sleep. However, it was a heck of a lot of fun.

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 8/12/2007 04:08:00 PM

6 comments:

  1. I take it nature peed on you all?
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, sounds like you had quite a night!  Hopefully you'll get some rest in this evening!  Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you did not forget how to ditch the base of the tent. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite camping trips where waking up to hear the rain gently rapping out a tattoo above my head. I haven't been camping in a few years. I need to find some woods and pitch a tent. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's camping without a little rain eh? ;O)
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, heck of a lot of fun?!  That sounds worth it.  Lovely sunset -- amazing how "not the best" is still pretty great, eh?

    ReplyDelete