Tuesday, December 5, 2006

"i thought you are work for aol."


i thought you are work for aol...
    Apparently, my name is splattered all over the place to the point that I am now being confused for someone who actually works for AOL.  I don't.  And, I really don't envy those folks like Editor Jeff and Manager Stephanie who do work for AOL and get smacked around like a piñata every time something around here breaks (although, I will admit to occasionally having the fantasy of beating Jeff with a stick in the hopes of making candy come out, but that's another story). 

    Anyway, when I signed on this morning, I was greeted with the usual barrage of instant messages for me to ignore.  Usually, the spammers and MySpace trolls IM twice and go away, and, if someone IMs me more than three or four times, I'll open it up and see what it's all about.  And, one of the instant messages contained the line that is the title of this entry: "i saw your name online and i thought you are work for aol." 
   
    Obviously, I loved this person's odd choice of words and fractured grammar.  I really do want to be a total chore.

12 comments:

  1. I wish you whore work for aol.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL, you and Fred crack me up.   Guess that's what you get for spreading yourself around. :)   Okay, even if I also mentioned your blog and name at least once.  http://journals.aol.com/ceilisundancer/RandomThreads/  (I don't answer IM's when I don't know who it is.)  -- Robin  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I happily pass this mantle on. All our base are belong to you.
    -Paul
    http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not work for AOL???  Bwaahaaaaa.... too funny!  You poor thing...

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the heading to this entry, I thought, "Damn.. Dan must of been stoned when he wrote this entry! lol"  Bad grammar and spelling drives me crazy!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, like I said before...AOL needs to hire you to write a daily humur column....or some time of column....where you can poke fun at whatever you choose because you are sooo funny..I think you would write a funny advice column....Of course, you woud give them a decent answer at some point... but most of it would have a humor twist....that would be cool...-Raven

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!  All your base are belong to us!  

    The let us have the bomb!

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bomb belong in you are bum.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm.... I'll bet you were plenty of work for your parents, so why is it so hard to believe that someone might think that you were work for AOL?
    But I'd place my bet on it being a message from a bored outsourced AOL worker in the Customer Service shack looking for a little action from another bored outsourced worker in between calls.  (next time ask if he/she is a robot... they HATE when you ask that!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. dornbrau, I know what you mean. I've seen two robots flip out when I asked them that.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get that all the time, and even encourage the misconception if I feel I can somehow gain from it. The key- which just recently became impossible due to a change in AOL programming- is to get an "SBL Official Contributor" ad banner put across the top of your blog. You have to go to one of the Mottrams for that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. rebuke... I actually was given an advice column by a local newspaper... go to CapeCodToday.com and look in their blog section for "Dear Thumper." I advised one lady to seek out a teen lover, and I don't think I've been sent a question there since September or so.

    ReplyDelete