Sunday, December 3, 2006

Ahhh... Heat.

Is it play-time now?

    DeafCat's not quite right.  She sleeps on top of her head on the hardwood floor in front of the heat.  I don't know how she can stand it, and when I try to pick her up, I almost need potholders to handle her. 

    In other cat news, DogCat seems to have gone missing.  He went out Thursday night before the blizzard, and I've not seen him since.  I did see some footprints in the snow, and it's not really unusual for him to disappear for a couple of days at a time.  But, I suppose I will have to call the animal lock-up to see if he's there if he doesn't show up by this afternoon. 

-DP

*update 11:40 am*    As I was lugging a bag of garbage out, a chattering black and white blur shot by me in the deep show, completely avoiding the shoveled sidewalk on his way to the back door of the house, and once inside, DogCat devoured everything in sight and went to bed without so much as a word as to where he'd been for the past two days. 

14 comments:

  1. I hope Dogcat is okay,cats sleep in the funniest positions & I swear its nearly impossible to pick up a sleeping cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought OUR cat was the only crazy one......she sleeps with her head on the vent!  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deafcat is infront of the return, not the heat vent. Chances are Dogcat did the same and got sucked in probably. Smell any burning fur?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Tee.  It's not the return.  It's the vent, register, etc.  Trust me.  I know these things.  It is my house after all.  Stand in front of that, and your toes will get cooked.  If that cat doesn't chew on them to get you out of her favorite spot first.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable DeafCat looks!  Totally comfortable and warm! lol   I can't imagine that he doesn't get his furr singed, being that close to the heater.

    Glad your other cat returned!  I would have been afraid that he may have froze to death out in the cold.  How dare he not report in when he returned home! lol

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww bless...deafcat is gorgeous, as I'm sure dogcat is too..lol..love those names!!

    I can't believe he just waltzed back in with no explanation as to where he's been...tut..lol!

    Lv Stevie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you always have a funny entry. but im glad to no your dogcat (?) came back. umm, your dogs name is dogcat? how did you come up with that? your cat on the other hand is very cute, i would love to have a baby kitty, but my hubby dont like pets, (only fish)
    so yea, cute kitty and dogcat? hmm, classic name i suppose. by.

    _DiamonD_

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely one of the cutest cat photos I have seen.  He is adorable!

    Glad DogCat came home... he must be traumatized, though.  Poor little guy!  

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kids today, they just think that can roam around freely with out calling home first.

    Sheesh.

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, yes, heat indeed:)   Dogcat is safe and warm now, I can just imagine him devouring and then sleeping, lol.   Deafcat looks so cuddly warm:)  My Tink even craves sitting under the lamps, albeit it allows her to see better (almost blind) more than heat I suppose.   -- Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live with 9 cats.. they literally all try to fit next to the radiators!  Some even sleep with their face into it!!  

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's cold in WI - what's an older deaf cat to do but enjoy the heating vent!  lol

    Glad that dogcat is home...

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad DogCat came home!!!

    ~Mrs. K

    ReplyDelete