Thursday, December 7, 2006

Medical Update...


   Well, I just got back from the doc's, and apparently, things are pretty good.  The aches and pains aren't too bad aside from that which has been permanently damaged from the arthritis.  So, the infusions are definitely a sweet little hook up. 

    Even my blood pressure was low.  And not just low, but dead-people low.  106/60.  I'm blown away by that since the guy who was sitting next to me in the waiting room had some obnoxious little video-game belching out all sorts of brain-shredding beeps, bonks, chirps and doinks, and I began to twitch and fantasize about locking the dumb bastard up in a room full of those annoying gizmos for several weeks.  Then, when he begs for mercy, I'll dispense a little water-boarding until he tells me he's an idiot. 

    Still...  The blood pressure was low.  Amazing.  It's like a ninja in a knife fight kind of low. 

    On top of that, my doctor, a very kind but very strong old lady, limped in with a broken foot that she apparently damaged falling down some stairs.  I told her that's no good, and from now on, she should tell people that she broke her foot while base-jumping.  After all, that's what Dr. House would do, and well, if anyone can pull it off, it's got to be her. 

    However, I think she wanted to lock me up when I occasionally started giggling as I was thinking of a good spin to put on Scalzi's Weekend Assignment.  I am not going to give it away, but I do intend to have a hell of a lot of fun with it, and hopefully I'll have it up early tomorrow to get you all ready for a damn silly weekend. 

    All-in-all, though, I think it was a pretty decent day today.  Good news from the doctor is always a bonus since I'm not exactly a model of good, clean living with my steady diet of bacon and Jägermeister. 

    Thanks for all the encouraging words about my previous entry.  Believe it or not, I could really go into detail about my ex-girlfriend which would probably lead a handful of you to hyperventilate with maniacal laughter.  But, the fact of the matter is, she's not a "bad" human being, and I actually feel sorry for her sometimes.  Still...  Freakin' crazy! 

-DP

7 comments:

  1. Hey!  Just think... you are living proof of bacon and cheese and beer being good for you!  Yay!

    Glad to hear the remicade is helping.

    be well,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all deserve a good day now and then. Here's to a few more. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn it . . . I was kinda wishing you'd give us a bad doctor's report . . . I was looking forward to inheriting your shit soon.

    Guess we're stuck with you for a while longer.

    :D

    Amanda
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    Oh and you know hugs and love and shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm...your blood pressure isn't THAT low it's what we meddies call WNL. Low for a beer swillin' bacon eatin' chessehead, but not deadly. You're just chill...

    The ex thing, yikes. The whole disfunctional, "not a bad person, just makes me want to put a gun in my mouth" kind of thing is something we all have with someone. I am using the whole "nuttier than a box of squirrel turds" thing though. Freakin genius.

    Glad you are good, peace out!
    http://journals.aol.com/jenneejenn79/itsallbeendone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your Doc. appt went well and your feeling good :o)
    Just like a writer, tease us with a potential story and leave us hanging..well done!
    You know, alittle crazy (I am forced to believe) is good in everyone. Keeps life ummm interesting~
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your DR visit went well. Just take a drive to a local Mall during Christmas season, that'll bring your blood pressure right up.  I like the sound of your Doc.  If she is anything like House, I'd love her. LOL
    Happy Holidays, Barb  

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on Enbrel for the past 2 years.  What a miracle drug for me.  Who knew I could move again, and seemingly stop the joint damage.  Continued good luck with your therapy!

    ReplyDelete