Thursday, February 23, 2006

Going Postal...

Mahalo,

Now, since I started this little blogging project, I've gotten a lot of email.  Some of it's been good ("Dude!  You rock!"), and some of it's been bad ("Dude!  You suck!"), but it's nice to know that people at least read some of my lunacy and take the time to write.  Feedback's a handy thing, methinks (after all, I'm still trying to figure out this whole online thing.  Yeah...  I'm kinda dim). 

Anyway, since it's Thursday, and since the part of my brain that controls higher-cognative functioning and reasoning seems to have hung a "See ya Monday" sign on the door, I figured I'd take a little time to answer a few of those questions I found in my mailbox (don't worry.  I'll keep you annonymous).  So, here goes:

Are you insane????

I think sanity is a relative concept.  If you put me in a roomfull of people sitting in a corner contemplating a ball of yarn, chances are, I'm going to come across as fairly normal.  On the other hand, if you put me in a roomfull of more logic-minded, psycho-analytical folks, I'll probably focus the brunt of my attention on the nearest paperclip or some other small, shiny object, and look kind of crazy.  So, you make the call. 

However, in my defense, since I don't drool, and since I consider that sort of thing is a dead-giveaway to a person's mental state, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm actually quite normal. 

Hey!  I'm in Minnesota.  Where in Wisconsin do you live?

Now, I'm really not going to give you my address, but I will narrow it down for you a bit.  First, drive East until you hit the big lake.  Then, turn right.  Bring lunch.

Where do you get your ideas from?

Insofar as I'd like to tell you that these weird notions of mine come from a one-armed man in Cleveland named Dewey, the truth of the matter is, they just pop into my head and they seem to make an odd bit of sense at the time. 

 

Okay....  That's about all the questions I have time for at the moment.  Keep the comments and emails coming, and I do look forward to hearing from you.  Who knows?  Maybe every Thursday my mind may take the day off, leaving me to answer more questions.  Just don't expect an entirely serious answer, okay?

Aloha,

DP

 

1 comment:

  1. I drool and I own that, I also get distracted by shiny things...a preview into the mental state. Thanks for not bringing any of my nutty questions to the public. See ya at the big lake my friend, you bring the cheese.

    ReplyDelete