Monday, September 22, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Ugh... Monday.

Yucca Buzz.
I'm not sure what to say, really. I'm having one of those days where I just can't think of a damn thing to write about. However, I figured I'd post this picture, let you all wander your peepers around it for a while and contemplate this bee (who seemed kind of drunk) on a yucca frond.

This bee spent the better part of two hours just going back and forth on this thing. Sometimes, he'd hang from the bottom, and other times he'd stagger on the top. He'd reach the end (as you see here), turn around and go back up to the other end, only to turn around and do it all over again. And again... And... again!

I wanted to grab a tennis racket and smack the stupid son of a bitch into next freakin' week.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind bees so much. In fact, I figure the little insects have just as much of a right to do their thing as I have to do mine, and so long as they don't get in the way of me doing my thing, I'm fine with them. However, every now and then I see something like this, and I just want to unload a righteous smiting upon the clueless bastard.

Anyway, in the end, I decided to let this bee live. And, for all I know, he's still out there trapped on this plant thinking whatever terrified bee thoughts his little insect brain can compile. He's probably gotten to the point where starvation is setting in, and he's really wishing he'd packed a map to navigate the leaf.

Ah well... I hope you all have a dandy fine Monday. I'm off to the kitchen to get some coffee... Then, I'm back to sitting down and writing... Then, it's back to the kitchen. Then, back to writing... Then...

DAMMIT!

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 9/22/2008 11:07:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Feeling a little bit like Mr. Bee, eh?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he was thinking: "Hold up, this guys watching me, okay, stay calm, don't do nuffin suspicious."
    Was he whistling nonchalantly?

    Teriffic pic, by the way.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not like bees, but they are so important to pollination, that I tolerate them :o)

    ReplyDelete