Monday, September 8, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Here! Have a bug.

<span style="float: right;" com="" photos="" dpoem="" 2825562863="" title="Cicada by DPoem, on Flickr">Cicada
I kind of feel sorry for cicadas. Their life-cycle isn't something I'd really envy.

First, they're born. Then, they hibernate underground for 17 years, or so. After that nice, long nap, they dig their way out of the ground, have sex and die.

About the only thing I can think of that has an existence even close to that meaningless would have to be the New Jersey Guido.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 9/08/2008 12:17:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. Who or what is the New Jersey Guido? I'm curious.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's not really quite my desired life, either.

    Interesting photo.  Are you getting them this year?  This isn't our areas year for the 17-year ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent photo.  

    I got all my filters this weekend, so let the experimenting begin :o)

    ReplyDelete