Thursday, March 2, 2006

Yay! Another Assignment...

     Well, he's at it again, folks.  John Scalzi has given any and all takers the assignment of naming a talent that we don't have that we wish we did have.  I'm kind of new to this sort of thing, but I had a good time with the Future stuff, so I figure I can give this one a go. 

 

      Now, insofar as it'd be pretty cool to be able to lick my own ears, I think the one talent I would most like to have would have to be pastry.  I wish I could make pastry.  I mean, a guy could make a lot of friends with a simple batch of chocolate eclairs. 

                                                          

      Moreover, with some mad pastry skills, I could show up at a woman's house on a date, and instead of handing over a bunch of flowers which would die anyway, I can hand her a sack of cream-puffs that are guaranteed to pack on more than enough pounds to easily last a heck of a lot longer than any old bunch of flowers.  Needless to say, she'd definitely remember me for a very long time.

     Also, consider the speeding tickets I could get out of by simply, slyly handing the offended officer a dozen danish or two.  Oh yes...  I would be above the law with this talent, and it's clear the world would be mine...  mine...  mine..   hahahaaaa!!!!

 

     Now, as for the extra-credit portion of the gig, John wants to know a completely useless talent I possess, and though I probably shouldn't tell you this, I can pick up things, pinch people wickedly hard, and break pencils with my toes. 

Is there any wonder why a monkey like me would turn to a life of pastry?

See ya,

DP

4 comments:

  1. yeah, you could've left out the whole toe thing. That's strange.
    I wish I could do a backflip. I've always wanted to be able to do that.

    Stange talent? I can bend my middle fingers backwards. And I can shake my hands in the middle of my back. Creepy flexibility stuff.

    That and your toe thing would make a great circus act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ilmao...
    "I could show up on a date, go in the woman's kitchen and start baking pastries!" ilmao ..hehehehhehehehohohohohohohoho! thanks poem!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, eclairs beat flowers every time.  I'm in.  Mrs. l

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol eclairs lol
    nat

    ReplyDelete