Friday, March 3, 2006

hi a/s/l

     We've all gotten them, haven't we?  The second we sit down and hop online, we are greeted with a barrage of instant messages with an incessant little "bling."

     Yesterday, I made the unfortunate mistake of turning off my "filter" which says that only those people I want to talk to are able to reach me.  Even worse, I unknowingly turned it off in the afternoon when school usually lets out.  Zounds!  The whole event was brutal. 

*bling*

IM Sender: hi a/s/l

Me:  98/ What's sex? / I think I'm in the home my children put me in so they could forget about me?  Are you my grandson?  Can I have some pudding? 

They seem to leave me alone after that sort of thing.  Unfortunately, another bored child comes out of the blue and the barrage continues:

*bling*

IM Sender:  who r u

Me:  I'm Batman! 

IM Sender: huh

Me:  Is there a problem citizen?  Do you need Batman?

IM Sender: huh

Me:  Curse you Riddler!  You poor, sick, deluded child.  Batman is too late.

     I won't bore you with the rest of the conversation.  It just always seems to go downhill from there.  And then another one pops up:

*bling*

IM Sender:  Hi there.  My name's Jessica and my friend and I just got a webcam.  Check us out!

Me:  Do you like Malt-o-Meal?

     Yeah...  I know those sorts of IM's are just a "one-shot" deal, and I never expect, or even want, a response.  Still...  The thought of "Jessica" out there somewhere contemplating a bowl of Malt-o-Meal makes me giggle.

     Other than that, I seem to get a ton of IM's looking for homework help for some bizarre reason. 

*bling*

IM Sender:  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me:  Cut the red wire!  No, WAIT.  Is there a yellow wire? 

IM Sender: wut???????????????

Me: Is there a yellow wire dammit!  Cut the yellow wire!   

IM Sendercan u help me??????????

MeIs there a green wire?

IM Sender4get u bye

     I know.  I feel horrible for torturing these kids.  

See ya, 

DP     

7 comments:

  1. Ok that is the funniest thing I have ever read. (That wasn't from Isa) ;)

    Love ya,

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've discovered my favourite game. I have an entry on this topic to write myself.
    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your journal through someone elses and i have to say that was great. I dont know how many times I have done that to people myself lol Although my favorites are when they want ya to desribe yourself..i usually go with 250 lb 3 ft dwarf..long black hair all over..hunch backed..and one good green eye. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. The default response (especially if you are a woman) is to inform them that you are a 46 year old Korean man.
    -Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. very veyr funny thanks! zippedoda! (just kidding) wink
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the love...stop pasting our chat's here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't ever feel bad for torturing them.........anyone who "murders" the english language deserves torturing...........i fully enjoyed your cat entry..........you are very talented...........

    regina

    ReplyDelete