Wednesday, October 31, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] This Makes Me Smile...

I'm at home feeling lousy, but when I saw this, I just had to crack a smile:

Father of slain Marine wins case against funeral protesters
Pa. man awarded $2.9 million in compensatory damages
By Matthew Dolan |Sun reporter
3:56 PM EDT, October 31, 2007

Albert Snyder of York, Pa., the father of a Westminster Marine who was killed in Iraq, today won his case in a Baltimore federal court against members of Topeka, Kan.-based Westboro Baptist Church who protested at his son's funeral last year.

The jury of five women and four men awarded Snyder $2.9 million in compensatory damages. The amount of punitive damages to be awarded has not yet been decided. The jury deliberated for about two hours yesterday and much of today. (Full Story)
I wonder if that odious little troll, Fred Phelps, has a cool 2.9 million dollars lying around to pay the judgment against him and those brainwashed followers of his? My guess is, they're probably going to have to sell their little happy bus of hate and keep their protests within walking distance of their "church." To make matters better for all those rational folks out there, I hope this verdict opens the door for more litigation against the Westboro Baptist Church, and though I am certainly not a fan of these sorts of lawsuits, there's considerable room in my beliefs for a little latitude so long as it extinguishes these organizations of pure hatred.

I hope this stops them to some degree.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 10/31/2007 03:37:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. As I read that, I felt physically sick that those bunch of freaking arseholes were'nt banged up in Jail. I would personaly have made sure that each and every one of them became the playmates of sex starved in mates inside!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete