Tuesday, October 30, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Boo!



Ugh! I woke up this morning feeling like trash, so I'm going to take a couple of days off from writing here until I feel a little better.

However, before I take a break, and since it's once again the spooky time of year, I figured I'd share a couple of pretty cool links with you of some awesome collections of abandoned places.

The first is the Lost America Gallery, and it's a collection of some really top-notch photographs of really creepy places.

The second is a very small collection one person's ten favorite photos. Some are quite interesting (like the abandoned TB hospital in Lima, Ohio), and others just have that whole "House of Horrors" feel to them.

Now, I don't know what it is, but abandoned and crumbling places really freak me out. I don't get scared of monsters, ghosts or any of that other silliness. But, you put me in a place with peeling paint, rusty pipes and holes in the floorboards, I tend to feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, my skin crawl, and I become overwhelmed with that edgy feeling that something is just going to come flying out at me from somewhere.

Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you all get terrified by the thundering horde of ghosts, goblins, witches, zombies and all other scary creatures whose claws you may hear scratching on your front door as they hunt for either your blood, your brains, or your basket of candy.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 10/30/2007 04:42:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. Creepyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, hope your'e feeling better soon Dan.
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete