Monday, October 6, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Ouch!

Backlit.
With most of the world's economies plummeting toward some sort of financial armageddon, I figured today's picture should represent what the victims of this crisis will inevitably be feeling crammed into one orifice or another. If you're an American reading this, I think it would be best to shut your eyes very tightly, get a pencil or some other bite stick to put in your mouth, bend over, and try, try, try to go to your Happy PlaceĆ¢„¢.

Other than that, my Monday is actually not half bad. The Humira seems to have worked, and whatever lingering aches and pains I am feeling can be handled with a simple dose of Advil and a heating pad wrapped around my ankle.

Unfortunately, I am currently engaged in a little battle between my feet and Acacia as she really, really wants to sleep on the heating pad. I've conceded a small corner which is currently baking the top of her head as she has worked herself into a little, fluffy ball and twisted her neck to near snapping to get to this really hot spot. Of course, I know that the second I move, I will lose my heating pad as she will sprawl out and let herself fry to the point of filling the house with the scent of burning fur.

Ah well... Enjoy the cactus.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 10/06/2008 12:13:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. Damn right!  I had quit pulling up my IRA & stock accounts since 9/20 because,
    I was just making myself ill on a daily basis.  But, after receiving email that
    my Sept statements were available online...I logged in....and discovered that I
    will have to die 3 years sooner than I had planned.  THANK YOU, YOU BAILOUT BASTARDS!
    So, with pencil between my teeth and assuming the position...here goes!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acacia may be on to something in her own happy place.

    ReplyDelete