Tuesday, October 7, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Fiddle, and things go bang!

Testing… Testing… Testing…

Don’t worry. I’m not breaking things (again!). I’m just trying to see how difficult it is to move things from Microsoft Word into Blogger. Normally, the formatting gets all sorts of borked and wonked, and, inevitably, I wind up just giving up on the damn thing with a heavy sigh and a sharp smack of the delete button.

However, earlier today, a brick named Epiphany hit me square in the forehead, and I realized two things:

First, bricks with names hurt twice as badly as their anonymous brethren. And, second, since I use Thunderbird as an email program, I have this luxury of being able to paste without formatting, and, theoretically, I should be able to just slap this in there sans formats, then copy and paste it into the claustrophobic confines of the Blogger entry box.

So, you know, keep those fingers crossed.

Of course, that’s kind of impossible since if it does work, that whole crossing-fingers thing will be late and really unnecessary. And, if it doesn’t work, well, you’re not going to see the entry on here. But, you know, at least I'm thinking about you and your fingers, so that should count for something, right?

Anyway, it’s heading toward three in the freakin’ morning, and after a day spent writing and writing and writing, I am chugged out and near the point of drooling (oops. Just passed the drooling point. Damn flimsy water bottles!). So, perhaps after I crash, and when I am wrestling with that morning mug of sinister sludge I foolishly refer to as coffee, I’ll try to scribble a bit more of an explanation as to why I am so squeaked out to be able to move from Word to Blogger (yeah. I know there’s a plug-in, but it doesn’t work with New Blogger).

-DP

P.S. So far, things seem to be working.

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 10/07/2008 01:31:00 AM

1 comment:

  1. Ah, but for those of us who have a thunderbird email, you may have saved us from as intense a level of insanity.

    ReplyDelete