Wednesday, October 1, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] It's Thursday.

And here's your picture, all packed, peanuted, poked and polished for your enjoyment. And, yes. I mean you. Not any of this blog's other readers -we don't like them, do we? I'm talking about you. I like you. You're special. Can I buy you a drink?
Edgy.
This picture of a Yucca enchanted me and spun my mind. It's kind of rare when that sort of whacky thing happens, and, try as I may, I just never really know what to do about that.

So, it's at that time that I turn to the two time-tested standby's in artistic interpretation: 'shrooms and blotter acid.

The acid makes the leaves move. Unfortunately, and this is the short road to a bad trip, the 'shrooms make it feel as though I'm putting my face into a fan where it will be ground up into marshmallows and devoured by unicorns to be crapped out at the next Burning Man.

So, do yourselves a favor. Don't drop acid and eat mushrooms if you're going to be staring at this image of a houseplant for any length of time. It will freak you out!

Now, in the interest of full-disclosure, I don't do acid or mushrooms. I simply don't have the brain cells to spare for that sort of adventure, people. However, if I did, I'd imagine my response would be pretty much the same. I'm not sure though. I'll leave that to one of the myriad of Hunter S. Thompson wannabes out there. Me? I'm perfectly fine just sitting here imagining what my brain would be like if it was altered enough.

-DP

P.S. What? I can't be serious all the time.

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 10/02/2008 12:40:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, crystal tears???

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo is mesmerizing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the warning. I was *this close* to taking my usual morning doses of both, but your warning stopped me. Whew! Thanks, Dan!

    Beth
    http://nutwoodjunction.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete