Saturday, April 29, 2006

Summerfest! Wheeeee....

    Ahhh...  Now I can rest easily, sleep happily, and know in my heart that summer is soon to arrive. 
 
    A short time ago, I received an email from the good folks at Summerfest.  And, as of writing this entry, the "World's Largest Music Festival" is only 60 days, 21 hours, 40 minutes and 30.28 seconds away and counting.
 
    I swear, I am like a five-year old at Christmas when this fest rolls around.  I can't wait, and I get all happy and twitchy with the thought of wandering in the summer sun, drinking cold beer and taking in the phenomenal number of live bands along Milwaukee's lakefront. 
 
    Currently, they are only announcing the headliners, and it looks like a pretty good line-up with Tom Petty and Pearl Jam opening the first two evenings (apparently, they're going to take turns opening for each other.  Way cool, and I might just find myself going to both shows).  Then, Nine Inch Nails and Bauhaus, Kenny Chesney, Steeley Dan with Michael McDonald, Nickleback, Counting Crows, Elvin bishop, Alice Cooper, Elvis Costello, and Gaaaaaahhhh!!!!  There's still a load of open dates, and more than several-thousand other bands not yet announced?!?! 
 
    Yup.  My summer doesn't begin until this bash kicks off, and it's pretty much the only thing that makes the Wisconsin winters tolerable. 
 

3 comments:

  1. wow how many people show up?
    nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. aren't you, like, WAY TOO OLD for this sort of thing?  you're like 100, right?  didn't you and tom petty go to preschool together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Nickelback plays "Photograph" - please, PLEASE throw your underwear at them. After, of course, you've dragged your bloomers through the mud a few times!
    hee hee

    ReplyDelete